Thursday 26 January 2023

#427 - Inktense around here

 


Thanks to the AMAZING inspiration from Sewing Street channel (Freeview 73) I was moved to drag out the Derwent Inktense pencils.  


I’m still sick, so it is anything in small bursts, and not too demanding.  However, I am determined to do something creative at least once a month through 2023.  I realise that this sounds a bit ridiculous as I do stitching and sewing pretty much every day, but they are usually from patterns designed by others, and not  drawn from my creative well so to speak.


Here, I used plain quilting wait cotton in aubergine, and sprayed on bleach and water solution with a stencil just laid on top to get the nice mottling.  Then another 

Template for the flower shapes, that were coloured with Inktense pencils and outlined with my laundry maker - no posh Pigma Micron pens for me - I  then blended with 100% Aloe Vera gel, which was a tip from the lovely guest they had on earlier in the week for blending the pencils.  I heat set just in case, but nothing dulled or came off so I think it’s pretty permanent.


I still have a lot to go on this test piece, but am happy with it so far.  The problem is that I have to wait for it to dry in between flowers as I’m using a 12 x 12 stencil.


I’m not sure if I will freemotion around the flower outlines as I am probably going to just use this fabric for making my DMC storage bags as it is just a rough and ready test piece.

Hugs


Kay xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...