Friday 18 November 2022

#398 - New and first ever start from Contemporary Cross




Charted by Contemporary Cross

www.contemporarycross.com

'Custard Cream Dream' Mini
Artist Alison Friend

Start Date:  20 November 2022

Size 200 x 276

55,200 stitches

84 colours

25 count

Tent Stitch  Full cross
(well, we shall see I try and rip them out and go full cross usually)
Start date:  20 November 2022.  Edited:  see post #400.  I am unable to do tent stitch and so this is full cross all the way baby!

My stitching code:  TOPIC

Inspiration for this piece:  My oldest child had a Guinea Pig called Topic, which was the exact colour of this little sweetie

I will happily tell anyone who asks that this PK compatible download was just an experiment to see how the processed worked, and differed, but we all know that would be less than the full truth ... I just could not help myself.


It was a useful exercise to find out like did it take it off my wish list automatically, and the answer to that was no but there was a red text question asking if it should be removed from the wish list that could be ticked, and it was then removed - I went from 19 wished for to 18.  I still need to remind myself that the 18 is just a goal and not just a firm target.  Fingers crossed that lovely family and friends will give me the cold hard cash for my birthday so I can get more!!!!  I love you all.


The current rotation is being paused and I will be adding TOPIC in for one week on Switch Out Sunday, and it will then hibernate until mid-December when I will have cogitated on the current rotation schedule and/or slotted this one in.  I'm considering going to 2 week rotation rather than the current 3, 2 and 1 week schedule in place.  This is because three weeks is a little too long for one project, and also that with Custard Cream Dream and the fact that there will be a further start on New Year's Day two weeks will be perfect. insomuch as there will be a quick turn around of the individual WIP in progress and that I intend to participate in Teresa Little Stitchre'rs New Year 2023 Fancy Lady SAL using Contemporary Cross Design Charm of Hummingbirds (which is an absolute whopper).


That will make 3 BAP full coverage, and 3 mini full coverage, which is in fact more than enough for any chick to do at any one time.  Good luck to the intrepid few who like a 50 or more full coverage on the go at any one time., and well done them.  God loves a trier.  Whilst I stand of the side of being a process stitcher, I cannot deny the thrill of the odd finish.  So, 6 will be it for WIPS and I only get to add in a mini if I finish a mini and a BAP if I finish a BAP.  


Ideally, I would like to intersperse a BAP with a Mini, and am thinking that the 2023 order of rotation will be:

Alpaca - Aquarius - Patron Saint - Mini Book - Charm of Hummingbirds - Custard


I am stoked to start working on this one.


Hugs



Kay xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...