Monday 5 August 2019

#102 ~ Hard-core Diagonal Darling



HAED Crow on Crescent Hill (aka Colin) 
Progress as at 03/08/2019


... or least I like to think I am.  I certainly try my hardest, but every now and then a stray bit of confetti will bring me down.

I need to check out #magicalstitches homework, as I haven't joined in for a little while (sorry Hufflepuffs), but in the meantime my stitches are going towards 100 days of HAED Challenge #2.

Four days down, well at least 2 days down, but I sacrificed some of my stitches from Day 3 to fulfil the 20 stitches a day requirements for Days 1 and 2.  I couldn't start on time as we've been away up t'north helping the youngest child move from his present city centre location to a house share in the burbs.  This was made way more difficult that it should have been - thanks to the DVLA - as we had to travel by train and then become bus wa£*&ers' hauling suitcases back and forwards to move a lot of his kit and caboodle.  In the end we caved and booked a moving company for the last bits.  I refused to push a oversized leather swivel chair on the bus!

The journey up was really good, and coming back it went wonderfully until we got to St P's.  There was no communication about engineering works at London Bridge, and we only found out after another train from St P to London Bridge.  We then had to haul bottoms and cases through the underground network to Victoria for a train out to Staplehurst.  MIL collected us and we picked up the dog and drove the 40 minutes back home.  Obviously, if we'd known about the engineering works, we could have missed out one train journey and just travelled a straight line from St. P's to Victoria.

The house is lovely and quiet, and I am going to start on Day 5.

After my rant about National Rail, I forgot to say why being a loud and proud hard-core diagonal darling can be a pain sometimes.

Well, if I felt comfortable to break the diagonal, I could have finished off page 1.  I did try - failed - ripped out and went back to the strict(ish) diagonal. Now, a page 1 finish seems quite a few days off.  I could cheat and try again, but I am little scared I will mess it up again and have to do more frogging.

In case you are a little bored with seeing this Colin WIP, I thought I would throw another little WIP in the mix.  After watching, Jan Hicks on flosstube, I followed her link to the XS-Collectibles site.  They do a free bookmark design every month apparently.  This one is only 45 stitches wide, and about 250 stitches long (don't call the xs police if that's not the right stitch count, it's from memory).




When I do return to the office, I thought it would be nice and small to do as a lunch time stitch.

It only has around 10 colours, but I can image will look beautiful when finished.

Right, back to stitching...


Hugs



Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...