Tuesday 6 August 2019

#103 - Day 5 progress on 100 days of HAED challenge #2





110 stitches worth of progress on this challenge.  I am pretty pleased with it too, although I've been stuck in confetti hell on this diagonal 9 on page 2.  Still, I'm coming into a fairly easy bit of the chart for a large proportion of this diagonal, so it should go quicker tomorrow.

We've had to move things around to make room for the builders to fit the two new windows in the dining room (which has been my stitching space since son number 1 moved back in for a fortnight ... a year ago!).  So I am set up in the sitting room with a lovely view of the TV so that I can keep an eye on proceedings tomorrow, stitch and watch flosstube.

After messing up a couple of stitches in today's session, I have been giving my actual process some thought, and have decided that I will only park downwards in the current diagonal.  Also, if in a confetti area it is not possible to underline finish a thread, I will limit waste thread to 25 stitches to the right of the row that I am working on, and trim the thread to a 2 10 x 10 block, in order to keep it looking somewhat neat.  That way, when I complete the next diagonal on the chart, I can flip over the frame and trim off the waste threads.

We'll see how that goes ... I am a rebel at heart and don't necessarily stick to rules.

Apart from the excitement of the builders, I should also be taking delivery of a ipad.  I've wanted one for ages, and as my Kindle is on its last legs, and I have a burning need to get Knit Companion app, I have cracked and ordered a lovely rose gold one.  No more manual counting stitches for me, or having to worry about splitting Foxit screens to try and follow a chart.  Yay!!

Have a good day, and find your joy.

Hugs



Kay






No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...