Sunday 21 July 2019

#99 ~ Why the DVLA are idiots, WIP progress and ironically parking ...

Let's start with my progress, as it is a lot more interesting than the DVLA (driving licensing).



Colin the Crow is going along a pace, and since this this picture this morning I've completed the diagonal and will start again on the next one (I've already started it in the week).

Ironically - as you understand in a minute - I'm going to just say a little bit about parking.  As you know, I stitch diagonally row by row and stitch by stitch, and park to the next time the symbol appears mostly in the working diagonal, but if not then to the side into the next.  I try not to go more than 15/20 stitches to do this, and will end my thread if I do.

Working this way, will mean that at some point you will have multiple threads in play at the same time, and to I've developed a method where I will park threads into the same hole and then end off the longest of the threads ... that way they will be sewn in ... and it makes my life easier.




After my night's sleep at the Sleep Clinic I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea Syndrome.  The Clinic told me to let the DVLA know, but they'd write to me with details of what I would need to do.  They then handed me my wonderful CPAP machine and sent me on my way.

Two days later the letter arrived, along with a leaflet and it re-iterated that I should let the DVLA know.  So, I drove to work, and rang the number I was given to advise them.  The B*&tar*s put a hold on my licence, and I was stranded at work unable to drive.  My boss was super lovely about it, and arranged for me to get a lift home, and that I could work from home as a temporary measure until the Sleep Clinic have confirmed to DVLA that the CPAP machine is working.  The thing that is pissing me (pardon my French, but I am so angry), is that I have had this un-diagnosed for years, and only really do short journeys during day light hours ... not to mention that I have had to wait for seven months to get my Sleep Clinic appointment, but the DVLA are not interested in any of that.  With one call my life has been turned upside down, and I'm being treated now.  Arghghgghghgh!!!!!!

On the plus side, working from home is lovely and quiet and I am achieving so much more than I would do in the office.

Fingers crossed I will soon be gifted back my licence.

Hugs

Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...