Tuesday 23 July 2019

#100 ~ Switching to diagonal stitching on Russian Icon WIP



Now that I have about a 10 second commute, 12 if the dog is in the way, after work.  I've decided to have a sit down with a coffee project that can be done with mag eyes, and this week it's the Russian Icon.

As I am so used to stitching on the diagonal, I have decided to convert it from top down, and managed about 3 rows before we had to stop to prepare supper.

It's not going to be very difficult to make the switch, and it is easier to do.  Although, I have had to change my methodology and working my stitches top right to bottom left, and then bottom left to top right - which feels arse about face as since I been working on Colin.




To be honest, the switch back to 14 count Aida is more difficult that changing the way I am stitching on this project.  It feels like a football pitch in between each hole.  Clearly, 25 count 1 over 1 is my medium, and I will be sticking to it once my smaller wips are out of the way.

I bet it's nice for you to see a different project on here ... but don't get too excited as I am jut about to start my after supper stitching on Colin.

My entire house stinks of smoke, as some numb nuts at the back of us has started a huge bonfire in his 20 foot deep garden.  If I lived next door I swear I would have turned hose on him.

Happy stitching y'all.

Hugs

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...