Monday 27 May 2019

#84 ~ Stitching this is the mountain section ...


Progress as at 27 May 2019 (09:4 hrs)
HAED Crow on Crescent Hill
AKA as Colin the Crow T2

... equivalent of the Tour de France.  Especially the top of the current diagonal - with 20 stitches taking about an hour because of all of the confetti.  After stitching hard, I'm not head down on the frame and free-whee stitching furiously on background stitches until I reach the bottom of the diagonal and start on more grass.  It's still fun though!

If you are wondering why there hasn't been much progress on this, then you would be surprised to know that Mr Frog did come for a visit, and I ripped out all of the previous stitching - I was just not happy with (a) the tent stitch and (b) the coverage I was getting with it (it was very clear where I'd run thread under, and it made me very unhappy.  So, rather than continue on the project as it was and maybe get so disgruntled I put it in cross stitch prison, I welcomed the Frog with open arms and embraced the re-stitch.  I am much happier, and I give you Colin the Crow take 2.

There's been no School of Magical Stitches and Literature (SMSL) homework or extra credit around here, but I will get back to that next week.  I have been taking part in the Race for 10K on the FB Group For the Love of Diagonal Stitching (FLDS) and have so far got 2,433 stitches.  As usual, you can see all my stats in the clickable link on the #50kxstitchchallenge page at the top of the blog.

It's Bank Holiday here in the UK and we've fully taken advantage of the long weekend to do lots of work in the garden.  So, I'm just about to jump in the shower and we are heading off to get potting compost and bark chippings for the up-cycled raised vegetable beds that we've been working on.

Whatever you are doing ... have fun, keep calm and carry on stitchin'.

Hugs

Kay

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...