Saturday 23 February 2019

#27 ~ Little Chaps are back for a brief appearance ...


Progress as at 22/2/2019
The Elves - DMC Kit - on White Aida
Grided with Sulky Sliver
DMC threads from kit and DMC Etoile in white substituted for non-stitched portsions of kit (purchased from Hobby Craft - a gift from my girlie squad)
Currently on 36" scroll rod and stretcher bars on Millennium floorstand by Needle Needs.



... I managed to finish off the furtherest square on the righthand side.  

It is brilliant sunshine here, and so I couldn't get a shadow-free picture.  Holy macaroni these scroll bars are loooonnnnngggg.  Too big actually for The Elves, but I hated the cheap frame that it had been set up on.

I managed to knock out the bottom rod cover.  That was a challenge in itself, as I had to use fabric yardage instead of fat quarters to avoid a seam in it.  This red and biscuit polkadot matches (or will do when it's finished) my sewing machine cover which has that fabric on the reverse - it may also be bound in it.

There has been no response from Omanik after I submitted a paypal dispute.  It seems that Kyle from Stitching in Sound (flosstube) ordered his on the same day as me, and it arrived around 13th February.  What the *&^£.

I'm hoping that my replacement fabric will turn up today so that I can start the HAED Alpaca, so fingers crossed for me.  If it doesn't then I will stick with these little guys for a few days.

Oh, I nearly forgot the #50kxstitch challenge update and a note to myself:

  • 59 stitches (40 unpaid).
  • 6,081 cumulative stitches.
  • 25p into the cauldron.
  • £32.05 cumulative.
  • 59 minutes stithching time.
  • 27 hours and 37 minutes cumulative.
Note to self:  36" rods need 38" width of fabric; 9.5" depth; cut elastic before first fit to around 30" (but check the stretch first).


There is food shopping and cleaning in my future, but for now I'm going to stay calm and keep on stitch ... stitch ... stitchin'.

May you Saturday be sun-filed and happy.

Hugs

Kay x

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...