Friday 22 February 2019

#26 ~ Holy Macaroni


25 count DMC Magic Guide Evenweave (marked with 10:10 grid)


... that's tiny, tiny holes.  Full disclosure, I've never stitched on evenweave before, and didn't relise that a 10:10 grid is marked out on the basis that a cross would go over 9 squares, rather than my continental tent stitch (which I have also never done before) which only goes over 2 holes.

I had a panic moment last night when I put in test stitces and it was coming up only half of the grid.  There was another panic when I realised that the fabric wasn't big enough.  I had been careful about working out the size of the fabric I would need plus 4" margin.  One panic was averted when I checked the paperwork from Katzxstitch to find that they had sent me a fat quarter no a fat half as per my order.  I called them today, and I have to tell you their customer service is second to none, they were amazing.  I decided to keep this piece, which I paid them for, and they are sending me the correct piece today.  I would highly recommend them, or their sister company Willow Fabrics.

The stitch size panic was also averted by the beautiful and talented Teresa Little Stitcher (her blog is in the side bar).  I wizzed her a message and she assured me I was both doing it correctly and that it would only take up half the marked grid.  Thanks so much Teresa, you are a lovely lady.

I do remember one of Teresa's flosstube episodes that she mentioned about the magic guide being 20 stitches, but hadn't put two and two together.  Having done some research it might be that Zweigart easy count might be a better option, as from the pictures it look to have a 5 x 5 grid, which when done 1 over 1 would be the correct grid.  I will get some and try it out.



These bad boys turned up this morning - my 36" scroll bars for the Needle Needs Millennium Floor stand.  They are huge, and now I need to sew some scroll rod covers for them.

As soon as the fabric turns up it will be all systems go for my HAED Alpaca Bad ass Project (BAP).  I can't wait, although those holes are super tiny.




No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...