Sunday 24 February 2019

#28 ~ That's the way to do it ...



Progress as at 23/2/2019
The Elves - DMC Kit - on White Aida
Grided with Sulky Sliver
DMC threads from kit and DMC Etoile in white substituted for non-stitched portsions of kit (purchased from Hobby Craft - a gift from my girlie squad)
Currently on 36" scroll rod and stretcher bars on Millennium floorstand by Needle Needs.



Ever since I started on the face and beard of the first Elf, all I can think about is Mr Punch.  There's something a bit sinister about the way he's creeping through the woods ... it would not surprise me to find sausages in that sack to lure a crocodile, or is it Mrs Punch and the Baby!




Update on the #50kxstitch challenge:

  • 289 stitches in this session.
  • 6,370 cumulative stitches for the challenge.
  • 42,714 stitches to go in the challenge.
  • £1.50 in the cauldron.
  • £33.55 cumulative pennies in the cauldron.
  • 29 unpaid stitches to carry over.
  • 4 hours and 45 minutes in this session.
  • 32 hours and 22 minutes cumulative for the year.

Katz X Stitch were super quick sending the replacement fabric through, and it was sitting in the post box when we got back from shopping ... soooo, when I've stitched a few more stitches in The Elves, I will break out the fabric and put it on the scroll bars to start my very first HAED.

I also need to make the top scroll cover, as I don't want the fabric to flop around when I flip the frame over, which is what has been happening with The Elves.

Have an awesome Sunday, and whatever you do keep calm and carry on stitch ... stitch ... stitchin'.

Hugs

Kay
x

#flosstube #sussexstitchwith




No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...