Sunday 17 February 2019

#22 ~ My rotation = my rules ...


WIP as at 16/02/2019
4281 Holy Lady from Joy Sunday (Ali Express)
Started 10/10/2018
Aida swapped out for DMC 14 count Aida Magic Guide (Willow Fabrics)
Working on 20" bar Millennium Frame and Floor Stand


and that is why I am keepig this out and not replacing in the rotation.  

I've made a good amount of progress too, and hit the first bit of metallic to be stitched.  I have had an internal debate about whether I should sub out metallic for beads, but in the end I've decided to keep the metallic.  I might add some pearls on her brooch, but that is yet to be debated.

The only thing I am definitely going to do is to make sure I do not do loop start on the metallic, instead I will use waste knot.  The reasoning behind this is that the loops do not pull back behind the threads too well, and therefore the first stitch doesn't seem to site nicely.

Considering this is a confetti heavy piece (especially the border), my progress yesterday was not to shabby.

Here's the update for my #50kxstitchchallenge:

  • 250 stitches done.
  • 5,951 cumulative stitches.
  • 44,049 left to do.
  • £1.25 pennies in the cauldron.
  • £29.55 cumulatie cauldron money for stuffs.
  • 3 hours 55 minutes on stitching.
  • 19 hours 41 minutes cumulative.
Lots of boring housekeeping and logistics to do today, but all is quiet in the house at the moment, so I will keep calm and carry on stitch ... stitch ... stitchin.

Hope you are all having a great stitchy weekend.

Hugs

Kay x

#flosstube #sussexstitchwitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...