Sunday 26 March 2023

#455 - XSJournal App … cool feature

 


Since my iPad was replaced recently, I took advantage of downloading the XS Journal app whilst setting it up.  I was intrigued by Brian of BlitStitch’s original spreadsheet that gave birth to the app, but had been a little frightened by it too.  


I had to work blind as at the time I could not find any more information than Brian’s launch video walking through what might have been either a phone app/first release, and it had changed quite a bit from that.  After accidentally deleting my first project input and having to input it all again I soon got the hang of it.  I  also did not fully understand that the app automatically puts in the finish date as you go.


Can I just say, that Brain of Britain I am not, and the whole predicted finish date on the STATS tab baffles me, as sometimes even though I have overall stitched more in one day than another and the date seems further away, but suspect it has something to do with the fact that I enter the stitches per log - I clock in and out and therefore therefore there are multiple logs for a day - and not as I did when I input the historical data for a particular WIP and judged the time I would have spent and put the total stitches for the day if stitching.  Note to self:  Whatever really, does it matter Kay?  It can predict that the heck it wants, the finish date will be the finish date, so don’t sweat it!

I digress wittering on about predicted finish dates, the cool feature I found by accident the other day, whilst manually editing the stitches for a log, and trying to balance my notebook and calculator on my lap. Full disclosure here, and something I am pretty sure I might have mentioned before … despite being a bank manager for decades, I am notoriously bad at mathematics.  My husband even suspect to that I might have been, if not fully, partially responsible for the bank crash at the time LOL.


I noticed a small icon to the righthand side, it’s small but bright blue circle with three vertical lines.  So, like a wet paint notice that you can’t resist touching the surface, I clicked.  It takes you to a large and attractively orange calculator (my favourite colour these days, it’s the new purple).  I took advantage of it and did my calculation, and hit “done”.  Eeeeehhhh, then noticed that the clever little thing had actually populated the figure into the “stitches” box.


I’m sure I’m late to the party on that feature, but just in case I thought I would mention it.  Well done Brian that is a nice touch, now if you could get it to work out cumulative stitches across all of the projects for week, month and year(s), you would make this little old woman very happy.


I think Nikki rafts on YouTube uses XSJ, who else does?


Hugs


Kay xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...