Friday 17 March 2023

#449 - HAED - Mini Infanta Isabel de Bourbon - 22.95% completed

 Day 21 


Arghhh, I am putting this Fancy Lady in time out. 

For the start I’ve mentioned that I was not happy with the indistinct nature of the fact ground, but couldn’t pin down if it was the pattern or the count.  This week my frustration with her has grown, and her face has tipped me over the edge.  I am struggling to get reasonable stitches, and the pale colours are really not helping.  So, time for time out peeps.  



I will put her away and re-evaluate in a month or so whether she will be discarded permanently.  I’m not too sad because I’m a process stitcher, and therefore it is the actually stitching that counts not a finish.  Obviously, a finish is lovely but I don’t want to feel unhappy stitching something.

I will be popping the Guinea Pig on the frame, looking into his case of green measles, and deciding if I want to change them or leave them be, and enjoying stitching on something.

I just need to plug his data in to X Stitch Journal before I do that.

I really think 25 count is my sweet spot!!!!!!

Hugs

Kay xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...