Wednesday 22 February 2023

#440 - next generation

 Today I’ve mostly been playing with the machine, but I did also manage to an achieve something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile.




This manky piece of cereal bog held together has been passing as the template for. Hitting out my DMC storage bags, but it’s developed a strange bend giving the cut out pieces a banana look to the sides. I also have an equally manky one for the interfacing, but that was a little too small.



So whilst we were out running messages this morning I popped into Heathfield Crafts and picked up some Template Plastic.  The fact that it was too small to just replicate the original, made me think out of the box, and I have allowed for the new one to cut out on the fold instead, and marked an interfacing line.  


It’s actually proved a quicker process to bags/interfacing out, although I need to shave the interfacing down a bit otherwise the seams are a little thick for my liking.


To remind myself going forward, I have scruffily drawn in the fold line, but it’s occurred to me that my Cricut can cut this plastic, so I will probably design a cut file, with a slot for interfacing length and width that I can run pen down and get all fancy pants and use the Cricut to draw the fold line etc. - or just stick a label on there for the “instructions”, which are only for me anyway!


The great DMC storage bag race is not over by a country mile, I still have about 50 to make, so it will be worth it I think.


Also, practice using the Cricut would not go amiss, and if I can get the hang of it, I could cut out some appliqué templates.


Hugs


Kay xx


 One to self …. Write down the size of the template in your journal for future reference.




No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...