Wednesday 4 January 2023

#415 - Trials and errors

 



Weeks before the Yuletide season, I started to try and make a cover for my (second best) floor stand magnifying glass and light, as strangely it didn’t come with one.

I messed it up, and placed it on the side, where it got buried under youngest kid’s latest costume in the making.  As the place was really untidy, and I couldn’t find my appliqué pins I tackled the room just before the New Year’s Eve.  The pins were elusive however, and I had to order more, but this unfinished project was found.

I like everything in its place, and my youngest works in an absolute mess, and so it’s quite nice to have a clean and tidy room for a brief spell.

Yesterday, I found the pins in the same place that I had looked three times, so celebrated with finishing off the cover.  Pretty and bright birds ... I don’t think it’s noticeable, but there are birds in the branches of the wallpaper too.  I love the sage green binding, and it fits perfectly after a bit of a trim.  The only thing left to add are some snaps at the opening to make sure it cannot come off, as it sits right by a normally sun-filled window.  I’m going for orange snaps I think to match the birds.  Ain’t no sun getting through that bad boy!

You can just see a peek of my tiny ironing board that fits perfectly on the chest of drawers, which has come into its own since I received a tiny iron by Prym for Xmas from my darling Husband, which I was not expecting, and was a lovely surprise.  It proved he does listen to my ramblings.

Now I know that the cover works well, I can make one for the Maglight which is attached to my stand.  Annoyingly, I don’t think I have enough of the bird fabric left.


Hugs


Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...