Wednesday 26 October 2022

#389 - smart thinking



 I recently started using ball point needles(usually size 26, but have struggled to find an acceptable needle threader as the eyes are really quite small.  I can thread them without, but prefer not to jig around and am super fast with a threader.

For years I’ve had the same threader on a tatty bit of green ribbon, but it did not fit the ball point, so I started using a Hummingbird one, which is fine, and hangs off the same but if tatty ribbon which I hang around my neck.  It’s the perfect length and once on goes everywhere with me .... gardening, shopping etc.  Howe er, there is a drawbra k with the Hummingbird, one needs to remember to close the plastic beak over the hook, otherwise it can bend.  Which is exactly what happened.

I tried various alternatives, and had settled on the thick foil Hemline one, but there is no hold for the ribbon and it doesn’t stick to a needle minder, so have to sit it on the table and then scrabble around. For it all of the timeSo, I was delighted to see this Smart Fox by Sew Tasty in Heathfield Crafts this morning, and as it is stainless steel and brass it sticks to my needle minder.  The only drawback is there is no hole to thread my tatty ribbon through, but at least I can keep it off the table and close to hand.

It nicely fits the eye of the ball tip needle, and is super cute.  It was inexpensive, and nicely made, and I’ll report back in on how it performs.


Hugs


Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...