Tuesday 15 March 2022

#307 - Busting out the electronic die cutter and machine appliqué

 


When I gift vouchers or gift cards I like to do something than shove them in a plain envelope.  So, with a birthday this week, I decided to do a bit of free-style appliqué.

It’s the usual DMC storage bag, but a bit longer than normal, with a steam binding stem, tiny hosts leaves and a set of flower dies from way back when things like dies were new to the market.

I didn’t even bother switching out to a free motion foot  (although it would have been easier.

The top flower has some messy stamens added, but I am not sure I’d I will add to the other flowers, maybe just little larks head knots in the blue cotton or some little beads.

PS: In the end I just used some Distress Ink, and love the little circle detail on the smaller flowers.


Enough messing around now,  there is a quick cuppa in my immediate future and I will toddle off to the garden.

Hugs

Kayxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...