Thursday 3 March 2022

#299 - DMC Storage Bags

 


I made nine of the DMC storage bags today, the blue one was from a scrap, and the pink and orange from fat quarters.  I can usually get four bags from one fat quarter.

I love the orange and pink colour combination, but it hardly matters as they will just slot in upholding he scrappy nature of the curation of the storage.

There are still many more bags to make, and I would ideally like a few spares for new colours,but slow and steady will win the race with batches made up here and there.

I’m not sure if I have said before, but I have an interfacing and bag template, and then pink plain cotton tags from 2 inch strips.

So I usually cut out a pile of interfacing, then do the same for the bag bodies and pile them up. Then I can spend a little time ironing in the interfacing to the body, and then ironing the top seams with my heat ruler and clipping them in place with wonder clips.  

Once that is done I head pop them on the sewing machine table, where I have a little pile of the plain labels so that I can them hem the top seams, and sew on the labels.  Then when I have time I do a pile of side seams, clip the corners and turn through.  They then get a press and the number is written on with an Eddings Laundry Marker and heat set

Hugs

Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...