Wednesday 22 December 2021

#253 ~ outstanding work and detective skills from the darling one

 ... which has meant that this chap (HAED Alpaca) is back out again.



Journal entry #247 touched on the reason why he went away, and that was the arrival on the Monstrik 2021 Frame.  I have to admit that whilst I was bummed that my decision to get (what is for some is a very considered purchase) the new frame immediately fell on Stoney ground as it could not fit the 40 inch scroll bar, even though I specifically wanted it.

The darling one is a first class engineer, and he had put it together for me following the @omanikfactory.com PDF instructions, and so we could not understand why it was just was not able tomtake the description size bars of 50 (may be 55) inches.  It wasn’t stressing me out, but shall we say it had taken the bloom off my expectations.  Now, please do not misunderstand me, I was super grateful that the Omanik Eleves had pulled out all the stops to get it to me, but deep, deep down, I had a simmering resentment against myself for following my ego self and buying in to the whole commodities make you happy narrative.

I haven’t moaned about it too much but I think my darling one could feel the down flow in frequency as I accepted that I had made a mistake whilst I worked on Aquarius.  So in the background without saying much to me the amazing man had gone through the instructions, and realised that in fact in their hurry to grant our wishes the Elves had in fact put something in the wrong way around.  Long story short he swapped it around Tomas it should be and bingo bango Alpaca fits on, and it should now expand to the advertised length scroll bar.  These things happen, and I expect those darling little elves are just about worn out bless them.

We also received an email from DHL notifying us of another Omanik parcel, which I think may be the accessory doodah ... we shall see as we were not quite sure if the flat plate but was one in the same and had not got around to contacting them to ask.

I still love the look of the Monstrik, and it is a more positive frequency to get that bug bear resolved.  Plus, the darling one has titled the frame in the opposite direction, so I don’t feel I am having stretch and hold my shoulder in an odd position - my fault entirely as I actually stitch in a crack handed fashion with my left hand on top and my dominant hand underneath.

Anyhoo, Alpaca is one the frame to finish off my goal of  five more rows, and I was in a fag paper of finishing a row when he was but away.  Aquarius is still on the bars, with the tension loosened off as she too is within a fag paper of a finished row, and as it is easy swap projects I can put her on at the weekend and finish off the row.  You never know, I may swap projects more often now!

This morning I have spent my time cleaning and doing laundry, no needle apart from one lost in the fabric roll of Alpaca has crossed me hand.  Oh, actually that is a blatant lie, knitting needles have been picked up in anger, or at least that is what it looks like, but more on that to follow.

Hugs

Kay xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...