Sunday 19 December 2021

#250 ~ HAED Mini Aquarius Rising ~ 20.93% completed and something a little different

 

Row 20 complete and 20% too.

Also, I have some knitting started ... well, re-started ... for the third time in all honesty.


I have not picked up a pair on needles in anger for about 34 years, so why I decided to not only try to knit socks, but also to kint on magic loops, I have no iddea.  Hold me down, I’ve run mad!


The first cast on attempt using something called a long tail cast on took three goes, and I managed to get the stitches divided on to front and back of what is essentially an infinity loop, but cocked up the rib and didn’t quite manage the whole in the round thing.  So, off it all came and I am casting on the way I was taught.  It looks better.

I have had to watch some YT videos, Asti seemed I had purchased a ticket for the struggle bus.  probably as a left handed person taught me, and I am at best right handed at best and probably crack handed generally.

Strangely, negotiating the actual loop thing is the least of my worries.

The wool is apparently fingering weight by Zandra Rhodes, not sure of the colour way.

Do you want to start the betting on whether I can actually knit a sock, or two, and how long it will take me.  You could have a I number the retake attempts in x number of times too.

Hugs

Kay xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...