Wednesday 15 December 2021

#247 ~ HAED Alpaca ~ 42.92% completed

 

For previous progress on this see post #227 on 16 May 2021.


I managed to complete rows 170, 180, 190, 200 and 210, which was my 5 row target.  Then I pushed on for another 5 row target, but only managed row 220 completely and the majority of row 230.

However,the Omanik  Elves pulled out all of the stops and delivered my Monstrik stand (Moonlight White) for my big numbered birthday ... thank you so much guys for that it is beautiful!  Then my plans all fell apart as the scroll bars for Alpaca are too long to fit in the Monstrik.  It is a solvable issue as I have plenty ‘o fabric at the side but I just have to take it off the scroll rods, cut off and re blanket stitch the edge and install on shorter scroll bars.  Rather than do that, I swapped the WIP - much the easier solution - and brought out HAED Mini Aquarius.  She last appeared in post #230.

I will just pop Alpaca back on the Millennium frame before the end of the year though, as I was a fag paper away from finishing row 230.

I am loving the swivel feature on the Monstrik for ending threads on the back, but have to admit that the lasso start - as per Nikki Crafts and shazstitchcook is challenging me.  I will not be defeated, and so will keep trying until I get it as there was pretty much no point in getting the stand for that particular capability and then not taking full advantage of it.  There is one downside, which is the fault of my current magnifying set up ... I have to swing the floor-standing lamp/magnifier out of the way to swivel the frame each time and the swing it back into place, so I need to look into options for eliminating that problem.  If anyone has decent set ups for light and magnifying with the Monstrik, please share. Until we get gifted high tech Med beds to fix my poor eyesight I cannot deal with the tiny 25 count without my aid!

I forgot to take a photo of progress on HAED Mini Aquarius, so will pop back on with another post soon, along with plans for 2022 and next Wish List highlight.

Hugs

Kay xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...