Wednesday 14 August 2019

#111 ~ The one with a Crow and a tiny bird in a crown


I got a little bit turned around converting Colin (Crow on Crescent Hill) into a combined Knit Companion file.  It took a couple of goes, but thanks to Karen's  (The Needle Bug) latest tutorial it worked like a fairly comfortable dream.

However, then trying to work out where the heckin' heck I was in that giant combined chart with no markings and working across three pages was a different matter.  I the end I just worked out where each page started and then then to the top right furthest completed, and stitched downwards, marking off as I went.  Tonight I managed to join it all up, the only thing is that's left me with a lot of stitches in a diagonal.

Tomorrow I will start furthest left stitches and keep to that 10 stitch diagonal, and then go back to the other two diagonals when I have reach a logical place.



After work I also managed to get a tiny bit of stitching done for Oiseux Will You?

I'm hoping that the un-stitched line in the crown will be done in with gold work bullion ... I just have to be brave and take a leap of faith on that one.  I have it hoarded in a tin ready.  Tomorrow, on my post-commute stitching session I will try to finish off her head, and then get into the words.

It's been a challenge with this one, as I have not wanted to put it on one of my scroll bars, but the Q-snap frame doesn't keep it tight enough.  I cracked today and just worked in hand, and I think that might be the way to go with it.

I'm off to make a coffee, and maybe do a little bit more stitching.

Hugs


Kay x





No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...