Sunday 31 March 2019

#65 ~ SMSL Extra Credit Task 11 and then 6


(as at 31/03/2019 - task 11 completion point)


(as at 31/03/2019 - task 6 underway)
see the original post for details on fabric, count, etc.


another diagonal down, and off to a good start with the next one - it's at that tricky stage where I have to switch between pages (I need to talk to by Bestie to find out how to split the screen to see both at the same time, it's way above my technical ability).  Two more rows will see me back on page 1 though.

It's been a bit of a mixed bag today.  We had a worrying phone call late last night from the youngest one, who is up t'north at University.  He had had a reaction to his medication injection, and we were worried that it was either a DVT or infection.  He went off to casualty around midnight and I stayed awake most of the night to hear how he was doing.  It seemed silly to drive the 5 hours up there to find that it was not serious, but around 6 in the morning when I had still not had a call from him I was getting in a bit of a panic.  He phoned about an hour or so later to let me know he was back in his flat.  It wasn't a DVT or infection thankfully, but a slight reaction to his meds.  Phew!

Darling Husband went off to see his Mother, and our oldest rang me to say happy Mothering Sunday, but he wasn't going to be home until later on.  So I had a fantastic treat day of stitching on my own with the tunes turned up and Salted Caramel Profiteroles for dessert.  Today was pretty much a golden day.  Yes, I missed the kids and Hubby, but oldest is home now and youngest will be home in 7 days and is ok.  I had beautiful and hilarious cards too.

I had intended to put my Mothering Sunday gift from them on my frame, but it didn't happen as I was too focused on Alwyn the Alpaca.  I can at least share the artwork with you though.


I am seriously excited about this one.  From a blog point of view, it will be more visually stimulating than the blue upon blue upon blue of Alwyn.

I guess I should also provide a bit of full disclosure too, I bought myself a present too.  That was the reason I stayed behind today and didn't go to see my Mother-in-Law as I had to wait in for the delivery guy.  I purchased a new camcorder for flosstube videos.  The webcam was such a struggle to keep still enough for stitch with me videos, and hopefully now the problem will be resolved.

At the moment the battery is charging, but I will hopefully have a play with it tomorrow - if I am too tired after my first full day back at work.

Keep calm and carry on stitchin'.

Hugs

Kay 
x



#flosstube #sussexstitchwitch #magicalstitches

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...