Monday 25 February 2019

#30 ~ School of Magical Stitches and Literature (SMSL) ...

I

Progress as at 24/2/2019
The Elves - DMC Kit - on White Aida
Grided with Sulky Sliver
DMC threads from kit and DMC Etoile in white substituted for non-stitched portions of kit (purchased from Hobby Craft - a gift from my girlie squad)
Currently on 36" scroll rod and stretcher bars on Millennium floor stand by Needle Needs



I've been watching a few Flosstube episodes that have mentioned the School of Magical Stitches and Literature Facebook Group, and I found that resistance was useless ... I joined and have been sorted into the Hufflepuff House.

I was just thinking of packing up for the night, and taking The Elves off the frame, when a Busy Work assignment was posted.  To earn points for your house it required 100 stitches that could not be on anything you were doing for another (SMSL) challenge.  Obviously, I couldn't ignore a call to arms, and managed to knock off another 10 x 10 square which equals 100 stitches and complete my end of the task.

I've just noticed that homework has been posted for this week on there too, but I will check that out later on.

Today the plumber is coming to install a new kitchen sink ... it's a long and painful story, and whilst he's working I will sew up the other scroll rod and pop on the Alpaca HAED.

#50xstitch challenge update for yesterday therefore is:-

  • 303 stitches (including 100 for Busy Work)
  • 6,673 cumulative stitches for the year.
  • 42,411 left to go for the year.
  • £1.50 in the cauldron.
  • £35.05 cumulative in the cauldron.
  • 3 hours 41 minutes stitching time.
  • 36 hours and 03 minutes cumulative.
Right, let there be a new sink .... and I will keep calm and carry on stitch ... stitch ... stitchin'.

Hugs

Kay x

#flosstube #sussexstitchwitch 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...