Tuesday 2 May 2023

#468 - HAED - Mini Magic Book - Let’s start again

 RESTART - Day 1 (partial)

 

In fact it might truly be version three, as I have a version 3 memory of starting it originally doing perhaps tent stitch on Easy Guide and then swapping out onto DMC Magic Guide in full cross, but I cannot be bothered to go and look back in the blog to ascertain that.


For many it might be madness that I had got this far




… but I took one look at it last night and cut out a piece of Zweigart to start over on 10 x 10 grid … I am a process stitcher and Magic Guide brings me up in hives as it is so difficult to park on with the indistinct lines and 20 x 20 grid. I cut down on time and ran blanket stitch down the edges of the fabric, I will go back in when it comes off the frame next week and go over the edges by hand with blanket stitch to re-enforce it.


I’m not losing stitches in my stitch count, as I last worked on it in late 2022, and I will still add to m6 stitch count with the re-start, so it is truly no biggie.




I made decent progress last night after taking this photo, and continued today.  I will drop in later with an update on another post.


I fully appreciate that some of you may need a rest to get over possible concern for my wasted effort, or indeed, might need to breathe into a paper bag, so I will see you later.


Hugs


Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...