Thursday 13 April 2023

#462 - The Elephant in the room

 




… or on the back of the quilt.

As the Guinea Pig is in detention due to the grey and cream colours being an absolute nightmare for these gimlet old eyes, I thought to motivate myself and try to move on the appliqué for the back of our God Daughter’s baby daughter.

I had to work try and work out where it would sit near the corner (obviously on the rear), and marked the corner with tacking stitches.  It’s been fairly successful,  up I could have moved in and up a bit … hey, only God is perfect, and I like to brace the imperfections in my life.  Actually, I have to as there are too many to it count them as blessings.

I now need to arm swipe the table to clear it, or put it all away properly, and lay set up the quilt sandwich. I wonder if I have some 505 spray?  If not, I will used the curved quilting pins.  It should not be too much of a pain as I think I’m going to used the nice wave pattern that the new machine has.  I usually go for a somewhat wave with different widths, but have to do that by simulating the wave pattern myself.  The reason I go for that type of quilting on one of these small quilts is that when it is then washed and put in the dryer it gives a puffy vintage look.  I did on the previous quilt I made for this baby’s sister.

Hugs

Kay xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...