Friday 16 September 2022

#371 - finishing off

 ... the second scroll rod bag, and used some practice free motion for the label.




I decided to use free motion quilting on the bottom of the bag, instead of just the uneven matchstick I used on the first one.

As I’ve not done it for about five years, and never on my Juki, I used a piece of the brown floral and tried what I can only describe as a circle scribble, aka right old feckin mess.  Then pinked the edge, laid a piece of orange floral on the reverse pretty side down and free motioned round the edge - securing a piece of folded over bias binding at he top for a loop to attach the label and then pinked the backing.  It saves wasting it.

All I need to do now is finish off the bag, and add the ribbon ties, which shouldn’t take long.  However, I have been considering interfacing the main bag piece, which is not a problem other than I have to get up the enthusiasm to get it out, cut it count and iron it on ... first world problems!  I might use a promised Royal Stitcher live on YT as a carrot on my stick to get it done, Ali is going live at 3 p.m.

Hugs


Kay xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...