Monday 12 September 2022

#369 - Unfettered access ...

 


...to my sewing machine yesterday, and a bit of spare time after some jobs in the garden, allowed me to finally make another much needed scroll bar bag.


I used some camper van fabric, which I picked up years ago from the Pumpkin Pat h in Heathfield, and then bright blue for the top tie section, and quilted the brown floral bottom section (for more padding). 


The floral is such fantastic quality, plain on the wrong side.  I have a vague recollection it too came from the Pumpkin Patch, or the quilting shop at the rear of the Grand Hotel in Eastbourne, the name of which escapes me.



I have to admit that I measured nothing,  simply laying the fabric on the coffee table, and then the bars on top of that.  The camper van fabric has such an evenly printed design which allowed me to cut strait down without a ruler.  Then I offered up the blue and brown bits, and ripped it rather than cutting - seam allowance was just done by eye.

I managed to get two sets of the main camper fabric from the piece that I have ... a metre by the looks of it.

A scrap of left over batting, and my favourite wavy line matchstick for the quilted element.  A waste piece of black bias binding and Gold satin ribbon for the tie.  Gold ribbon for the tie and Snug brand seam binding tape on the inside.

It took about an hour all told yesterday afternoon to cut, quilt etc., and 10 minutes this morning to stitch the side seams this morning.  I just need to figure out how to attach a label with my code of the WIP inside.

I may do quilted top and bottom for the other back and front main fabric I cut out yesterday as younger child is working this evening, and my machine will be free again.

Hugs


Kay xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...