Tuesday 22 February 2022

#295 - Spinning Around

 When I am trying to learn a new skill I like peace and quiet, and no by overseeing me … no matter how encouraging they are.  So I took 15 minutes out to actually spin rather than just treadle.

I did try last week, but found I was having no luck with the Marsham top.  It seemed to take the strength of Hercules to draft it, and so I ended up with essentially wool rope … 


So I pulled out Merino top (which is supposed to not really be beginner friendly) and had a wee bit more success …


It’s still ridden with bumpy bits, and it breaks quite easily, but the slippy nature of it appears to be suiting me.  Obviously, it would make a good spinner cry with laughter, but it’s still progress. 

I think I will look into some lessons, but want to at least be able to proficiently treadle, put on leaders and spin something from a top before I do that.  I can only liken that to the clean your house before the cleaner  comes syndrome.

Whilst I am typing this post, I noticed that there are tiny little pig tails on the flyer, which I think are  good thing, as it means there is a bit of twisting going on … 



Clearly, more practice is required tomorrow, but after watching Grace O'Neill on YouTube making Rolags, I might order some as the look potentially easier to deal with.  If nothing else, it is a Retail opportunity.

Hugs

Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...