Monday 3 January 2022

#266 - HAED Alpaca- 45.94% completed and Challenge updated

 


I didn’t get as much progress as I hoped as we had to do shopping, and I also had to mend oldest kid’s work jacket.  He had a fine old time setting himself on fire and ripping one cuff almost, and tools in pockets  had done for the lining.

Now, I am no seamstress, but at least I managed to trim up the hole, add a bit of batting and poorly stitch brown felt over that, but my stitches were not all that.  I know it might be a surprise that I spend hours sitting tiny cross stitches and quilting!

The jacket is one of those padded Lumberjack ones made of wool or synthetic mix as it was apparently smouldering, and he likes it so I also cut out a gardening’ish icon on the Cricut of iron on vinyl, but that took a couple of goes as I put the blooming stuff up the wrong way first time around ... fortunately before it went anywhere near my Heat Press and then the Heat Press got its electronic knickers in a knot as we had been sublimating before Xmas which needs a high temperature, and it look forever to re-set it before I could actually transfer the vinyl.  Still, got there in the end and managed to seam bind the pocket.  I’ve  pinned on the cuff, and will tackle that first thing in the morning.

I am now wondering if I should coat the vinyl in the dries clear waterproof paint stuff, bu I honestly am not sure where it might be, so I’m going to shuffle off for a hunt.

Oh, I updated the Challenge Page (top bar).

Hugs

Kay xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...