Friday 5 March 2021

#196 ~ Floss storage

 This would not be for everyone... but it is how I’ll be storing my WIP flosses.



By way of context I have a master set of floss stored in 12x12 RUB paper storage tubs that the darling one has added threaded metal bars on either side (it was a lockdown solution until I can get to IKEA for a filing cabinet). In the master set each floss has an Annie’s keeper.  I then keep all floss for WIPs in numbered wage envelopes - a few strands normally - in a Wham box for all of the HAED projects on the go.

The only problem is that I have run out of wage envelopes, and had to resort to paper bags as well, plus the constant thumbing through for colours has made them ratty.

Now, I have a small country’s worth of fat quarters that I either don’t care for or would probably not use, so this is a relatively cheap solution for me...Floss Baggies for each colour. Yes, I know there a Floss Away bags or IKEA seal bags, but I find them too slippy.

Calico would be a cheap plain option if matching was an issue I guess.

My new bags take a few minutes to make and have iron in heavy weight interfacing in them for heft.  So far, the only cost was for Hemline Fusible Name Label Tape, which comes with a stencil and special pen to write each number on, I think I got a couple of packs for about £4 from Amazon.

I have left a little bit of space next to the number to stitch in a piece of the relevant number floss for quick reference purposes.

This is obviously an ongoing project to convert them, but I love the process and now I’ve figured out the size to nicely fit the Wham Box I can do batch production to have enough to cover what is in my box, plus spares for new colours.


Hugs

Kay xx

#flossstorage



No comments:

Post a Comment

#481 - HAED - Patron Saint of Green Chile - 18.83% completed

 Day 92 Page 8 is finally finished, it’s been so hot here that I managed to rack up a No Stitch Day because of it, and also a few days of lo...